Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Door That Never Closes

Every day I come home the first things I do is hug and kiss my lil girl and give Mister a kiss hello. Then I head to the kitchen to get dinner started. Once it's started I head up stairs to change clothes.
With every step I take the stress of my work day go away. With a smile I walk down the hall towards our bedroom. As I extend my hand out to open our bedroom door, with the knob still in my hand with my free hand I turn on the light (because he hasn’t opened the curtains all day). I see the bed isn’t made, he let our lil girl play in our room so there are toys and pillows and books and balls and dolls and old cell phones all over the floor in our room. He likes to watch TV in bed and doesn’t want her to be far away from him so he let her play in our room. This way he doesn’t have to get up out of bed. But that’s not the problem (it is a problem but not in this post). So I start to pick up all the crap off the floor. When I look to my right what a surprise the freaking closet door is WIDE OPEN AGAIN!

Mister love to leave our closet open every single day. I just don't get it. He closes every other door in the house except the closet door. Every room he walks out of or into, he closes the door. I could be walking directly behind him and right before I cross the threshold he start to close the door!  It really gets on my nerves. Even at night before bed he goes into the closet for some reason and sure enough he walk out of the closet turn off the light in there but leave the door open. Then he gets in bed. I ask are you done in the closet. He replies yeah! Then why did you leave the door open? He gets up as if I upset him and close the door. We go through this every night he is off.
I know it’s a small thing that is why I don’t trip off it, at all to him. It’s just that, I know he knows it bother me but he do it anyway. Now am I’m wrong for wanting him to close the door?  What are some of the small things your better half does that bugs you?

7 comments:

  1. My hubby has done this forever and I should be use to it but still drives me nuts...talking to me while I'm watching my favorite show, such as Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Real Housewives of Atlanta, etc.... I don't think he means to be rude and I try not to snap but dang....do I talk to him while he's watching the Cubs or the Bears!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Lisa..I HATE it when he waits until I am watching televison or better yet on the telephone to attempt to have a conversation with me. Then will get an attitude if I throw up the hand like wait a minute. ANNOYING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He always leaves the kitchen cabinets open, drives me CRAZY...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant sleep with the closet door open, and over the years my husband has learned to close the door. lol
    My thing with him is leaving dirty socks at the end of our bed. He takes them off at night and leaves them at the bottom of the bed....drives me nuts, especially when I feel them at the bottom of my feet while I'm sleep. Everything else he can throw in the hamper....but not socks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband will not replace the toilet paper roll. If the roll is finished he will get a new one and place it on the back of the toilet instead of taking 10 seconds to put it where it belongs! Yeah this really really freaks me out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. New GFC follower. Great site! Please visit me at www.bargainmom.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. He has taken over washing clothes for but he leaves the light on in the laundry room :( small stuff so I try not to sweat it sooo much.

    @ The Natural Mommy - I am the guilty one in my house leaving cabinets open :(

    After all I do thank God really because I did snag a man that does not sit up and watch every football game from sun up to sun down August through January.

    ReplyDelete